Wadena County Historical Society is headquartered at 603 N. Jefferson in the city of Wadena, MN.
It shall operate as a non-profit corporation in accordance with Minnesota Statute 1989, Chapter 317 and
in compliance with Section 501c (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The general purpose of the society shall be the discovery, preservation and dissemination of knowledge about the history of Wadena County and the State of Minnesota. More particularly, its objective shall be:
- To locate, collect and preserve any material which may help to establish, illustrate or interpret the history of the county or state.
- To establish clearly defined goals, to assemble, collect, record and perpetuate information, facts and history about the county or state.
- To disseminate historical information to interested persons, groups, institutions and publications.
- To own and maintain its own research center and/or other property, and apply for grants.
- To assist in genealogical research by the public, groups, and/or institutions.